Sunday, May 11, 2008

Actual Mother's Day 2008!

I posted my wishes to all the "moms" in my life last night, premature but I wanted to fit it in. I had plans this morning. Getting up early and making brunch for the local "moms". I really enjoyed playing Martha . . . decorating, creating inviting atmosphere, cooking/baking, cleaning, and drinking loads of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee!!

Everything was edible (most worried about . . . had visions of sending people to ER with food poisoning! No calls yet, whew!!)

My mom, sis, and grandma Betty made it over with stepdad, nephew, and sis BF. Missed were Stephmom (not typo, don't like sound of "step"), SIL Jess, step sis Jen, and grandma Mae and Donna!! You were thought of and missed!!

Of course, being a newlywed the subject was brought up as to when "I" would be celebrated on this day. I don't mind the question, in fact I always ask friends and clients in the same stage of life that very question.

It was easy to answer that before, I had an out . . . "ask me when I'm married." It worked for a while until I realized my parents were getting anxious for more grandchildren. They started responding . . ."you don't need to have a ring on that finger to get pregnant!"

So here I am at 34 and newly married. Finding a response to that question is getting harder and the details of when or if are not on the table yet. As now, I have a DH (dear husband) to consult with before I blab or blog to everyone our decision. I can tell you we are not pregnant and the rest will of the story will reveal as time passes.

So on this Mother's Day I'm sending everyone a special thoughts as I enjoy the moments of quiet and watch my shows on TV since DH is away fishing for the weekend!!

No comments: