Monday, June 9, 2008

I can't seem to get going . . . Monday!!

I am so trying to give up my morning coffee!! I gave up pop/soda no problem, started that for my new years resolution! I have had a can on occasion, but can never finish and I get an upset stomach in about 10 minutes. BUT my coffee is my morning luxury! I look forward to getting out of my comfy warm bed just for a cup with a little flavored creamer! I am an addict! Today I truely made an effort, even had my special tea out and ready to make, but I decided on water for todays ultrasound. I was so groggy and out of sorts that I actually took a nap!! Finally had to go to work and I made it til 3pm when I broke down and had to get a capp/coffee and the market!! Its amazing stuff, I felt like I could do anything and had energy and motivation. I can't BE without it!!

So back to the ultrasound, I was told to drink 40 oz. an hour before my ultrasound. I did, got to my appt. 15 mins early with my recommended FULL bladder. My appt was at 10:15am they finally called my name at 10:35!!

The tech started with the regular lower abdominal ultrasound, since the new Doc wanted a thorough check on everything (uterus, and both ovaries). That went well, I was allowed to get up and PEEEEEEEEEE! OOOOoooohhhhhhhhhHHHH . . . . that was the best part of my morning!! Then I had to have the vaginal ultrasound for a more personal and detailed examination of whats going on down there. It is very interesting, especially when the tech asks "Do you want to insert the wand or should I???" Don't get asked that everyday, so I had to think about it. Contemplating the fact that I knew I could do it, but professionally isn't it her job to just take charge, is she afraid to do it wrong, its probably more comfortable if she does it since I would have to hunch over and find my way through the sheet thats covering me, and then how do I hand it off to her? what's the etiquet here?? In the end I just asked her to do it. All went well and unoffically the cyst on my left side is still there averaging 4cm, the same as the last two ultrasounds. I will hopefully find out more tomorrow when my Doc is in. I will be set up for another ultrasound (vaginal) probably next Tues. to count follicles!! This weekend I start doing my OPKs the check for the LH surge (usually postive on CD12, next Tues).

I'll be posting pics later this week of our NEW and IMPROVED bedroom that I painted, organized and decorated last week when DH was out of town. Its like our little version of While You Were Out. I get all the say and no hassles, DH gets a nice suprise and then cleans up my mess. Works well! It's moments like these that I love the fact he is an obsessive/compulsive cleaner (not diagnosed, just my opinion).

No comments: