Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I guess I've been slacking a bit. Still trying not to spend too much time on my computer but between bills online, mine and others blogs, email, iphone music and apps, and of course Facebook, it's hard!!

Last weekend we went to the cities and spent some time with my sis Lori, her BF Tim, and my nephew Zak. Also sis Kelly and BF Pat made it over to join us at the Reneisance Festival. We had and great time . . .

Kelly and Zak


Zak and his "Must Have" Turkey Leg



Zak and his crossbow



As you can see we love having our nephew along. Pretty good kid and doesn't ask for much.

On Sunday we were at my Dad and Steph-moms for a BBQ. I really didn't get many pics with so much going on but here are a couple . . .

Dad's Fruit Tree


My Parents new puppy Tessa (5 months old)




We got home on Monday afternoon after picking Roscoe up from his other grandparents (mom and Den). Oh, how I missed him!! I managed to hold off the check-in calls until Monday morning. Boy do we need to have children!!

We got our information packet regarding adoption, i only read a small part of it and set it aside. We are not truely giving up on TTC, but I thought that refocusing our efforts might help the anxiety. Its not working. Reading our chances of adopting a baby is pretty slim. Mostly what they talk about are kids that are currently in the system but have physical, social, and/or emotional problems. It makes me sad but also scared. I feel aweful wanting a baby, but unsure of taking a child with problems I wouldn't be prepared for. I haven't been able to pick up the adoption stuff since. My concern is that adoption takes time and the longer we wait we may miss many opportunities. There is a 2 hour introduction class, and lots of paperwork to fill out. Then the next 16 hour class is October 2 & 3. I need to give it some more time and thought.

No comments: