Monday, January 19, 2009

15 weeks plus

We had our 2nd OB appt today and it was much faster than the first. Got to listen to the heartbeat which put me on cloud 9 for the rest of today (and will keep me patient until our next appt). We are babysitting our nephew so he was with us at the appt. Mitch is a not so patient 7 year old but kept us entertained during the wait. After we asked him what he thought about hearing the heartbeat . . . "it was weird".

Baby's heartbeat was in the 160's and Doc found it right away! I am still so amazed at that wonderful sound which is the only thing (other than the expanding belly) that makes this so much more real. Up next I can't wait to start feeling the flutters and movement, hopefully I recognize it when it happens.

I am officially in maternity pants but still wearing regular shirts with longer tanks underneath.

In other parts of life, work has been steady. Its so great to keep busy with the way the economy is. Thank goodness people consider their hair appts as a necessity!!

The weather is starting to warm up, at least its above 0, not by much. I still love seeing the snow fall, it's very calming and keeps me inside to work on paperwork (trying to prepare taxes) ;P

Jerry and I had a date on Sat., went to "Grand Torino" with Clint Eastwood. Loved it. Very humanizing, some (ok, lots) of racial name calling, but it makes it more realistic. Has humor, grief, and "life purpose" aspects.

Finally, here are the first baby belly pics:




1 comment:

Julia said...

Congrats!

Nice belly shot and update.