Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Watching what I eat from now on!!

Everything was going great on Monday until that evening. Had pizza for dinner and watched TV with DH. At first I thought maybe it was a little indigestion. Then my back started to ache, nothing out of the ordinary with my job leaning over the sink and cutting hair. Later my stomach felt like I'd swallowed a brick and pain went right through and connected to my back. I couldn't lay down, lay on my side, sitting up didn't help, nothing gave me relief. DH even tried giving me a back massage. Then came the vomiting and more stronger pain with no relief. Funny thing is I didn't think I needed to go to the ER, DH mentioned it so I tried to call the on call ER nurse . . . no answer. By now it's 1:30 am, still not getting better and in tears. I called my sister, RN and ER charge nurse herself, woke her up to tell her what was going on, her advice was obvious . . . go to the ER!!

Yep, gallbladder attack. Got a nice little (big, long) shot in the arm that wouldn't affect baby but made me feel better in minutes. Got to hear baby's heartbeat again too!! Finally got home at 3:30 (which really amazed me, very prompt service), and in my loopy stuper fell asleep painfree. Up at 7 am to go get ultrasound to verify gallstones, then home again. Took a nap, hungry but still to scared to eat . . just had water. Back to clinic at 2 pm for follow-up with my Doc.

I was still a little sore and very tired but managed to go into work to get a couple client done. Had a great nights sleep and feeling 98% better today. I got a little nausated from the medication but still better than the pain!!

Still afraid to eat much, toast with a little jelly, water, chicken broth. Nothing says "Change your diet" as much as gallstones. Hopefully if I watch what I eat I can avoid surgery til after baby is born. Bright side is that I won't allow myself to indulge anymore like I was doing and maybe I won't gain an outragous amount of weight like I was heading towards!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

OH how scary! I am glad you and the baby are all right.

I knew a girl that had gallbladder issues during pregnancy. Your right, she watched what she ate and didn't gain very much weight at all. (that's the silver lining-if you really want to see it!)

((HUG))

Julia said...

I've been out of pocket fo awhile, but I'm glad you're OK.

I hope it stays under control.