Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am NOT a morning person . . .

Well good morning, for those of you who know me you also know that I am NOT a morning person!! I can get up early, but only capable of holding my cup of coffee and watching updates on CNN, maybe the Today or Good Morning shows.

Well today not only was I up early, but in a meeting at 7AM!!! To add to this I also had to introduce myself to people I barely knew and speak somewhat intellectually as I gave a 60 speech (commercial for mine and Scotts businesses) off the top of my head. My friend and Chiro (Scott) is the president of BNI (networking organization) and called me last night to ask if I could sub for him today since his mother was having surgery today. How could I say no . . . EASILY, if he hadn't mentioned "mother" and "surgery". So that is what lead me to my early morning . . . and my ability to post a current update on my blog. Not much else I want to do other than go back to bed, which I wont be able to sleep due to the coffee grounds I still have lodged in my teeth. No, I didn't really eat it straight just SERIOUSLY thought about it!!

I spent part of my night last evening pureeing zuccine, summer squash, and sweet potatoes due to the cookbook I recently purchased. Also managed to write down a hugh grocery list so that tonight I can start making some receipes for our adventure into eating healthier and hopefully edible foods!! All is going well so far, slight damage to steamer pot that I'm sure a good soak and scrub will cure. Note to all new to steaming, check water levels often!! The whole house smelled like burnt sweet potatoes and I was only prepping!! Lesson learned.

My friend Carrie at Life in the Soupbowl recommended another cookbook that I will be purchasing next called "Hungrey Girl". Let me know if any of you have or heard of it!!

Well, I will now be on my way to work with much accomplished for this day already!!

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Hey Pegs!
I also use (lately) SparkPeople.com to log EVERY calorie I eat and log every fitness activity I do to estimate calories burned. I like it- it keeps me in check and within a good range of calories = it was hard at first, but easier now as time has gone by.......