Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Sunday evening already?!?!

Weekends go by soooo fast, but at least I can say we enjoyed it!!

Our original plan was to head for the Cities on Friday after work for Gabe's Gopher Invitational Baseball Tournament, but with the bad storms heading that way DH made the call to go directly to Hayward for our camping portion of the weekend.

I'm glad DH made the decision, cuz if you didn't realize he is a baseball (Gabe's career) freak!! Very supportive and lives to watch any and all games!!

Anyways, had a relaxing weekend of eating, catching up with my Dad and Steph, shopping, and watching the weather channel (seriously for the whole night on Friday). Had an exciting night riding out the remaining part of the storm in a camper, we survived.

Got a tip from Steph about a cookbook I should get, and that obviously led to picking it up right away at Barnes and Noble in Duluth. It's Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld, and since I don't cook very often and nothing that is considered nutritious I though it would be a place to start. I started reading it on the way home and it is my kind of cookbook. Very smart ideas about pureed food and hiding your veggies in your meals. Also, its very step by step including lists. I like lists!!

No kids yet to make them "eat your vegetables", but a DH that would benefit from the meals and get me one step closer to trophy wife status!! I'm planning on trying some receipes out this week (even got DH to buy me a Magic Bullet, I've always wanted one). I'll update later in the week.

On the Babymaking front, got a call from Doc's nurse and my progesterone levels are back to normal. Doc said we were all clear to start Clomid again, but we decided to take this cycle off. We aren't against it, just think we will put it on the back burner for at least a cycle or two. I didn't realize til this week how moody and irritated I was with all the hormones going through me.

The only thing I'm doing is taking our chiropractors advice . . . don't do anything, except relax. That means no temping, doing CM checks, OPKs, or charting!! So far it's been easy. . . surprisingly. I am going in to see my chiro more often, he thinks being adjusted regularly will help since my job puts my body out of whack. So to create the best situation we will keep my body in check (maybe eating better will help too). Thankfully I trust Scott and we trade services so I won't be out anything.

Hopefully I'll check in before next weekend, that seems to be a hard goal to accomplish for me. We'll see if this is the week!! Take Care All!!

1 comment:

Soupy said...

I just got another new cookbook full of low calorie meals- called "Hungry Girl" by Lisa Lillien and it's full of yummy stuff but low in calories! Just a thought! :)

and as for taking a break, good for you -it's good to maintain healthy attitudes- have you tried acupuncture? Just a thought- I get it thru my Chiro- yours might know someone???

Good luck!!!