Monday, July 7, 2008

Latest in our Babymaking Quest

I totally forgot that the few that read this are wondering how this babymaking process is going for us. Not good.

I had my progesterone levels checked on CD21 (week after ovulation) and I got a call from my Doc's nurse last Weds and she just told me it was high and that I should test the next morning (Thurs, July 3). Kind of excited but I know better than to get my hopes up. So being the seeker of too much knowledge in this babymaking quest, I decided to look up online what the normal range for progesterone was and what was considered high levels. Not knowing what my number was I looked at all the possible levels people have had. The normal range for not pg to early pg was 5-30, anything above 14 being a good number. Did see outragous numbers of 200 in women who had been on high doses of clomid for 3-6 months.

Tested Thurs morning and I had prepared myself for the negative on the HPT, and it was negative. I called the nurse to let her know, and asked her finally what my level was . . . 500!! Apparently I responded very well to Clomid.

I talked to the nurse to ask what that really meant but she just said I have to go in for a recheck on my progesterone Day 3 of my next cycle. I guess to see that it goes back to normal.

We decided to take this next cycle off and wait to talk to my Doc after the new labs. Actually looking forward to a cycle with no temping or testing or worrying or wondering!?!?

I'm still waiting for AF, temps have dropped and I know she is just around the corner (today or tomorrow).

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Hey Pegs! I finally found a minute to sit and admire your blog! YAY for internet- it's so nice to keep up with friends this way!!
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going thru w/the Babymaking - ugg, I know all too well the pain and frustration involved w/all of that. If you ever wanna chat, let me know, I've been there, done that, as you well, know and won't have any "try this" advice, becuase I know all too well - if it happens, wonderful and if not, then we're hear to listen and bitch about the fact that it hasn't.
I'll keep you and J. in my thoughts and prayers and hope that next cycle w/Clomid does the trick! *PS Chris hated when I was on Clomid- LOL- he said it was evil! Hope you are surviving it well !!!! Hugs and prayers!**