Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bookclub Night

Well tonight I am meeting with a bookclub for the first time. Should be fun since I know a few of the ladies (clients), but the book wasn't one I would have picked. It was "Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands", by Dr. Laura.

If you know anything about her, you know she had (has?) a radio talk show and is very controversial. I did agree with a few ideas, such as communication differences of men and women. Men really just want talk about the best play of a "game" and the score, while women tend to go into too much detail and practically review the whole "game" down to the type of shoe the player was wearing. I can definitely relate to that when I talk to DH and mid story his eyes glaze over.

I do disagree with the fact that she is very general in comparing all men alike and all women that complain as selfish. In reading I found her to be very "Old Fashion" and not updated with todays working women, some stay at home dads and also the two career families.

I did read with an open mind, but by the end I skipped the last three chapters when I gave into my own opinions and ignored the voice REMINDING me to keep reading.

Click here to see a funny description of marriage!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yeah Dr. Laura is some what out of touch with the everyday women.

Funny video. I got laugh out of it.