Thursday, October 9, 2008

Listen to the music!!

Please have your speakers on to learn a little more about me and what I like to listen to. I am quite varied!! I added a playlist to the bottom of my blog so scroll down if you want to take a listen to more songs.

I finally got home on Tuesday from my long weekend in Wisconsin Dells for the "Hair" show. I love going to them . . . lots of excitment, education, and some partying!!

Saturday we arrived in the evening and had a great dinner then settled into our room. Sunday I didn't have classes so I checked out the HUGE outlet mall. Shopping went a little like, one pretty pink sweater for me, one long sleeve T-shirt for DH, one cute top for me, one simple half zipper top for DH, etc. . . Less guilt that way.

Sunday night was the comedian (6 on a scale of 1-10). Then moved to the night club in the resort, they got DJ Christacy from season 1 & 2 of the show "So You Think You Can Dance". Very impressive! and Hunky!! Also had four professional flair bartenders, sucked trying to get a drink though.

Monday was my early day. Shows started at 8:30am and you had to get there early to grab your coffee from the brewhouse and get a good seat.

First up was Paul Mitchell. Shows are almost like mini concerts. Awesome music, very exciting, lots of action!! They had 5 platform artists and about 12 models. Vibrant color trends still making the scene.



Next was Brocato, with Sam Brocato (owner and creator) of this amazing professional line. He is an incredable man, 1976 opened first salon,1982 named World's Top Fashion Hairstylist (London), 1986 "Beautiful Business" Best Seller, etc, etc, etc, and still on top with his product line and salons all with only an 8th grade education.




Goldwell with Color Trends of '08



And my favorite event of the day was from Sexy Hair. Sorry no pics since I was too involved and they move around so much you really can't capture much.

But I am super excited and back into my work again with a renewed outlook and recharged creative edge. Any volunteers???

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Ohhh, I'd LOVE to volunteer!!!! :) I'll be in Grand Rapids Sat Nov 1 - Chris has a bday party and we'll drop K in Duluth- so it'll be me and CJ-but maybe you and I can GTG for awhile? :) I love to be a guinea pig! :)

I'll email you - I wanna chat w/you anyways.
And....what a BLAST it sounds like you had! I'm SO jealous of your fun trip- shopping, comedian, parties, etc., FUN FUN FUN!